Monday, June 2, 2008

The Saturday of His Dreams...

It all began with cleaning out the garage. Most people wouldn't put that on their list of things they love to do, but when you're almost 2, the garage is probably about as cool as Disneyland. Our garage has been so messy, that I just kind of rush Riser in whenever we get home, so he was so excited that he got to "explore" all the great things that are in there... brooms, shovels, wheelbarrow, the weed eater... so much fun! I didn't take any pictures, because I didn't anticipate it being that good of a time.

After that we moved on to cleaning out my car. Again, who knew it could be that much fun? He washed the windows (they looked great), "helped" vacuum, found money. Talk about a good time. Again, no pics... who knew?

By this time the poor lad was exhausted so we had lunch (one of his favs, fruit and peanut butter sandwiches), got cleaned up (he was really gross) and took a nap.

When he woke up, he jumped in our freshly cleaned car (of which he reminded us the entire drive... "clean car" "clean car") and headed down to discovery gateway. We had wanted to take him to see all his great sesame street friends in their exhibit, but sadly when we got there, we had missed it... I think by only a few days... The good news is, when your almost 2, you don't care that you missed it. You just get excited about everything else there is to do.
He loved the vacuum tubes. IT took him a while to figure out how to make the ball stay in the tube.
My little Musician. He really wanted us to figure out how to play "sunbeam" for him. Dad did a good job figuring it out for him.
I think one of the best parts of the day for Riser, was just hanging out with Dad. They are such good buddies.
Ah, the water... we spent much time here. Always one of Riser's favorites.
Climbing the wall with Dad. What a big boy.

After we were done at the museum, we went to dinner at Z tejas, where Riser ate half the "cake" (cornbread) all by himself. He thought he had really hit the jackpot. Cake for dinner? Yay!

Once dinner was done, we walked down to what was the highlight of his very eventful Saturday... The fountains. The kid was hilarious.
At first he just watched with a big smile on his face.
Then he got braver.
and braver...
And eventually, completely soaked. He was so funny. He was laughing so hard. People that didn't even know him were stopping to watch him run in and just laugh as he got sprayed. My little water loving kid. My stomach hurt I was laughing so hard. We were finally able to drag him away, and he said "bye bye water" the whole way back to the car. What a fun day. As you can imagine, he slept very well that night.

7 comments:

Steph said...

Wow...you did all this while 7 or 8 months pregnant! Jenny you amaze me. Riser you are too much fun for words. I was hoping you were going to go to the fountains :) What a fun day!

Larry said...

The pictures of Riser in the fountains were just TOO funny. I was laughing out loud here at Six States. I had to share the fun with Willie and Jim. The pictures cracked them up too. I wish I could have been there with you. What a riot!!

Nicole said...

Riser can come clean my garage! It really needs some help.

Heather said...

what a fun day! i bet mommy slept really well that night too! i'm impressed at all the stuff you got done! i'm lucky if i get out of the HOUSE during the day...let alone cleaning out the garage and the car... and then going to a museum on top of that. i'm ready to be done. you?

Heather said...

we're coming down your way this weekend... wanna do lunch on friday?

Michelle said...

Riser looks like he had a fun day. If you want to have more fun, my garage could use some work! I love the water fountains at the Gateway. Kids always look like they enjoy it. How is the pregnancy coming? Are you ready yet?

Kristin Sokol said...

WE took ALyssa to the fountain down there the other day. She looked just like Riser.

She kept running out then running back to us screaming "This is SO cool!" So funny. I;m going ot miss her when she grows up.