We'll start with Mr Kayson...
Kays turned 9 months yesterday... I can hardly believe it... He's almost not a baby anymore. I feel like him being a baby has gone by so much faster than Riser being a baby. I'm not sure why that is, but wow... how did he get that old so fast?
Things I'm loving about the boy:
*crawling... this kid is unstoppable. I don't think there is an inch of our house that hasn't been thoroughly explored by Kayson... under the tables, inside the cupboards, closets, under beds... his newest delight is the stairs. I can't keep him away from them. As if they weren't challenging enough on their own, he has now decided that he needs to master hauling objects up the stairs with him. He has a fabulous gash on the forehead from last night's attempt. (please note, I don't let him "practice" this skill on the big set of stairs... I am a semi-competant mom)
*being dangerous... He pulls up on EVERYTHING even the not so stable things (like the dog trying to make her get away). He always has a really nice collection of bumps on his head. He likes to find little tiny things, wait till he catches your attention, pop it in his mouth, grin, and then crawl away as quick as he can. Giggling the whole time. He also likes to make a dash toward the stairs to see if he can climb of the edge before someone comes to stop him. Needless to say, the gates are back up. What a little tease.
* feeding himself... He decided about a month ago that baby food was no longer acceptable. He was never an enormous fan, but I think he finally put it together that he was the only one eating that stuff, and so what everyone else had probably tasted better (smart boy). Along with that, no one else seemed to need help getting the food in their mouth, so he also began protesting most attempts on my part to feed him... funny boy... I think we might have a stubborn one on our hands!*Dancing... The boy loves to dance. His favorite song (thanks to big brother) is "I like to move it". He screams with delight any time anyone sings it, and move it he does! It's so funny.
*Paper... His favorite food... We can't leave anything paper anywhere... including books... He loves loves loves to eat paper. The Easter bunny even put some junk mail in his Easter basket... It was the 1st thing Kayson pulled out.
Giggles... He continues to be a super happy boy. (as long as I don't leave the room) He has the funniest little laugh. It's almost like a mix between a squeel and clearing his throat. It cracks me up every time. He laughs every time Mya walks by and every time he sees Riser. Even is it's just a picture.
All in all a pretty fun little guy.
On to Riser...
Riser's biggest news is..... NO MORE DIAPERS!!! Hip hip hooray! I think I might be more excited about this than he is. I should make it known that #2 is giving us a great deal of trouble... any advice on that? He will tell me every time that he needs to pee, he even made it all night last night without peeing in his diaper, but as far as the "poops" go... He's decided that he will just never poop again... Not a great idea thinks mom... But none the less, we're celebrating the pees!Now for a few Riserism... The boy keeps me laughing
We have a couple of neighbors that work for Whipple, and so their trucks are always coming and going. Riser loves them. He calls them "The Berry Dob Dah Trucks".... Not a clue why... But he gets so excited when he sees them. It's like Christmas... "Mom!!! I saw the Berry Dob Dah Truck!! I saw the Berry Dob Dah Truck!!" So funny.
A few weeks ago I had to go to Walmart. As we were leaving, Riser looked up at me and said, "mom I want to be a Walmart worker" Later that night as he said his prayers he prayed "thank you for me be a walmart worker" I think we might go there too much...
We were listening to the radio when a song had the lyrics "Someday we'll be together" Riser said "Noooo... Sunday we go to church!"
He has totally entered the world of make believe. He decides on characters for us, and we have to remain in character for ever so long... Favorites are Nemo and crew, Thomas and friends, and my personal favorite... super heros. This is my favorite, because my character is always "Bad Guy". Our conversations go kind of like this "Hello bad guy." "hey batman" "How are you today Bad Guy?" "i'm pretty good batman, how are you?" "I'm good Bad Guy... do you want to fight bad guy?" "Sure Batman" always best to see how your enemy is feeling before you politely ask if they'd like to fight.
Anyway, love my guys! I will try to be a better blogger!
7 comments:
I love hearing about your boys! You're right, it's hard to believe that Kayson is 9 months! We're all our babies just born a couple of months ago? Congrats on the pees. We're sadly still working on that one.
After the first one, the babies grow faster and faster! Mine will be one in 3 weeks!
Love the superhero playing...that is awesome!
Well, at least you've conquered the "pees," whereas after I asked Ben if he needed to go sit on the big boy potty the other day he responded, "No. Go in diaper."
i know how it goes with the blogging thing... i need to get my butt in gear!
and seriously... i thought our boys were like the same ages... but yours are like years and months ahead of mine. whats up with that?! haha!
i love the update! we need to play. school is out in 2 weeks... and then we'll be down more often.
Jenny what cute boys you have! I can't believe how much Kayson has grown since I last saw him. The bit about Riser working at walmart cracked me up...so cute!
I get such a kick out of seeing pictures of your boys. They look just like you! SO cute.
I love reading your updates! The second one does grow up so much faster- it's not fair! You always sound like you have a super fun life at your house :)
Post a Comment