I needed to go to the store anyway, so I decided that if after picking up his "mecidine" he seemed to be fairing o.k., we'd continue on and not have to come back later that day... He seemed to be doing well, so on we went... he has decided that he's big enough to walk these days, so we play spot Bob and Randy, and find the next item on the list. I have found that, in the past, this seems to keep him somewhat busy and out of trouble... not so much today...
As we finished up in produce, we headed over to pick up some green peppers (one of Riser's favs) As I bagged and put the pepper in the cart, Riser found what he thought was a tomato (another fav) and before I could see him, took an enormous bite... Here's what he ate...
Not so much a tomato... more like an HABANERO PEPPER!!!
As you might imagine, he started wailing.Having not seen what he had done, I thought it was the potty troubles coming back, then i thought i ran over his toe... then he started yelling "IT'S HOT!!! IT'S HOT!!!" and stuck out his tongue. We got it out and ran over to the dairy department to get a strawberry milk for him to drink. He downed it as quick as he could and in between gulps kept crying and saying "It's still burning mom!" He perked up a little when I asked if he wanted a doughnut. And that seemed to cool it down enough for us to be able to go and pay.
The lady at the Check stand looked at his doughnut and said "Wow your a lucky boy" I just kind of smiled... When she got to the bag containing the Habanero, she said "this is an habanero right?" I said "ummm I think so but I'm not certain..." She said "you're buying but you don't know what it is?" I said "Take a closer look at it." She looked gasped and took a closer look at Riser and said "Oh no!! Is that why his face is all red?" I hadn't noticed, but all around his lips, his face was bright red!! Well, Riser received a little more sympathy from the good folks at Harmon's and we headed home. The whole way home Riser just kept saying "mom, I thought that was a tomato, but that was not a tomato..." poor guy.
P.S. once we were home, he learned that not all all Medicine is for your mouth. suppositories... that was something I could never do again and feel just fine about it.
6 comments:
He's just keeping it interesting...poor little guy!! Daniel would say that you should go ahead and let him have a habanero once a month...let him build up his tolerance for it. What a nice hubby I have, eh?
And as for the suppositories, I haven't had to do that until my third kid and like you, I'd be happy to not have to do it again.
That is hilarious!! At least now he will know not to go near those peppers. What a funny boy he is.
Okay, you win a prize. What an aweful experience. You baby ate a hot pepper by mistake. I don't believe I've heard that one before.
Good quick thinking with the milk. I don't know if I would have been so cleaver.
Good job mom. I'm proud of you.
i'm not sure which i feel worse about... the fact he ate a hot pepper ... or the suppositories... poor guy
that'll learn em good! (say with a thick montana accent)
Poor Riser!!! Thank goodness for Strawberry milk and doughnuts.
Although I feel bad for Riser about the hot pepper, that is a funny story! Hopefully he learned his lesson and won't sample produce again. :o)
Post a Comment