Time: 11:31 am
Weight: 8 lbs 10 oz
Length: 21 inches
Long and short of it all...
Rough start for Mom and Chase, a partial placental abruption lead to hemorrhaging for mom and aspirating at birth for Chase. (we like to try to up the drama with each new baby... *sigh*) After a long list of medications (some not given orally), and a nasty procedure involving a drug called fentanyl (if you want the horror story just ask... otherwise, I'll spare you) no clue how to actually spell that... Mom is doing MUCH better and is home... After numerous tests and a couple chest Xrays, it is determined Chase has pneumonia and is in the NICU. He is a fighter, and even convinced the staff that he DID NOT need a spinal tap... They tried twice, eventually Chase won. All signs point to a full recovery, and he is doing better each day. He is even to the point that he can eat on his own!!! Yay baby boy!!! Here are some pics of our handsome boy!!!
Just after being born... trying to fiugre out the whole breathing thing.
In the "ronco food dehydrator"... as his dad would say... actually a humidifier.We'll keep you updated on his situation! Thanks for all the love and prayers! We love you all!!
3 comments:
Well I'm so glad he's here! But I'm so sorry for everything Jenny and Chase had to go through. We'll definitely keep you guys in our prayers! Little Chase will be home before you know...enjoy your sleep! :)
Wow! Glad everyone is alright! He's adorable!
Congrats again! How amazing is a baby! I am telling you that 3rd one is just a killer!
I hope he gets to come home soon! Chase, what a cute name!
Love the binki pacifier mask! They really have it figured out!
Post a Comment