2 years ago
Thursday, April 12, 2012
Saying Goodbye To Mya The Wonder Dog
Today we lost our Wonder Dog. Our crazy dog who was our first "baby". She was nearly 12, and she was getting tired. We came home from a trip to the store and found her curled up. My heart broke.
As I sit here this evening I am overwhelmed with memories of my crazy doggo. The first time we met her... It was love at first site (me, with her... Her, with Karl.. She used to curl up with him, and then growl at me if I got too close:) ) I remember how she used to be afraid of tile and wood floor. How she used to shred stuffed animals. How she adored a game of tug o war. Her fear of thunder storms and how she would crawl under our bed to hide after her attempts to warn us went unnoticed. How she would faithfully guard our house from all things suspicious, whether it be a cat, or a plastic bag blowing by on The breeze. Her never ending hunt for something yummy left carelessly on the ground (or on the table, or in the garbage).
I remember all the memories we made with her... Teaching her how to do tricks. That dog would do nearly anything for a treat. Watching her swim in the river, and how she would jump in, float down a bit and then swim back and repeat the whole process. How she LOVED trips to the cabin and Escalante, where she would bound over the hills, tongue hanging out with a look of pure dog joy. The time she jumped out the window on the way home from Escalante and I was sure she was a goner. How she made it through with just some road rash we will never know. Perhaps some dogs have 9 lives too.
I will always love how gentle she was with my boys. Even when they didn't show her the same courtesy. She had a patience most dogs do not not possess. She was tugged on, wrestled, hugged, laid on, and loved by all of them. Especially Chase. Those 2 were best buddies. I will miss seeing them snuggle.
And so my sweet Mya dog, We will miss you. You will forever be our furbaby. We love you sweet doggo.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
I'm so sorry to hear this! We will miss Mya, too! Lots of love to you guys!
Oh Jenny...I'm so sorry. :(
What a sad day. Sorry for you and the kids. I bet that was tough.
Oh, poor Mya. Does Chase miss her?
Mya will definitely be missed. She was quite a character. I know her passing was hard for you and Kayson. I'm sure she's cleaning up the scraps and chasing all sorts of things in dog heaven.
Post a Comment