Tuesday, October 28, 2008

A Logan Weekend!

Saturday we headed up to Logan. When we got there, we met up with my friend Heather and her cute family and went to the pumpkin walk. They do this every year (although, this was my 1st visit)... They choose a theme (this year, heroes) and different groups throughout Logan create little scenes using pumpkins... very cute here are a few favorites...
Noah's Ark... Riser loved all the animals... So clever...
Soccer... Riser is impressed with sports of any kind, and kids, so naturally, this one was a hit.
Batman!! Very exciting... In case your wondering, I couldn't get him to look at me and smile because the sun was in his eyes, so he would look away and say cheese and smile... oh well, I don't like the sun in my eyes either!
This on is more for Karl than Riser... Riser's never even seen the nightmare before Christmas, but it's one of Karl's favorites.
This one's for my mom... Mom someone's hero was Andy Griffith!

They also had some fabulous little scenes the kids could be "in" Once Riser figured them out (at 1st he kept trying to put his whole head through) he loved them. He would stick his head through and then run back to see his picture.
Max and the wild thing
Yoda
Clifford with Heather's boys and my boys... Heather this is why we come to you for family pictures... I can't even be trusted to take decent snap shots.... Sorry for cutting your head and nose off Clifford! (In the yellow, Kole, way on the bottom, Jaxon, the lovely little girl is Kayson... what a sport! and last but not least, Riser sitting on the front paw!)
Mickey!
They also had a witch... Riser couldn't have cared less about her, and Kayson was completely freaked out that I handed him off to a stranger, but I got the picture anyway!!!

After the Pumpkin Walk, we changed clothes and Heather took some Family Pictures for us. They turned out so cute! Thanks for always being so willing to take on us and our crazy kids! You are so talented!

That night we stayed at a hotel and Riser got to sleep in a couch bed! He thought it was the coolest thing ever, and even better, he got to go to sleep watching TV! He kept telling us, Mom! Dad! I'm watching TV in my bed! Sadly for him, he was so wiped out, that he was out cold within 5 minutes.

The next morning, we got up, and had a little breakfast at the hotel, where Riser wowed everyone around us with his Political knowledge... "Mom!" (said as loud as he possibly can) "That's Barack Obama!!" As the TV goes to the anchorwoman... "That is NOT Barack Obama!" as it flips again... "That's John McCain Mom! I saw Barack Obama and John McCain!!!" I got some interesting looks...

After that, we headed out to church with my friend Aubrey and her family. It was so good to see them! But, I believe my boys had a little chat ahead of time to keep me on my toes. Within 10 minutes of church starting, Kayson had a blow out like nothing I've ever seen. It was seriously up and over his shoulder. Nice. We did have a bag full of clothes in the car, so I pretty well gave him a bath in the mother's lounge and then headed back in with a freshly changed baby.
A few minutes into Sunday School, The good ladies in the Nursery headed my way with Riser where he promptly announced that he needed his diaper changed. We changed him, and esnt him back... he returned with the same announcement 2 more times. Fabulous. When I returned him the 3rd time, The ladies politely asked that I stay there with him in case it happened again. Of course, once I was there, it didn't happen again... Still not quite sure what was going on there.

Anyway, after church we went over to Aub's houe and had a delicious lunch with her family (she has 2 little boys as well! a 3 year old and a 10 month old... Yay for friends that have kids for your kids to play with!) and had a chance to catch up for a while before we had to head home. What a fun weekend! Thanks for hanging out with us Heather's family and Aub's family! We had a blast!

8 comments:

Nicole said...

I love the pictures. She does a great job. And so do you, even with a poor amputated Clifford.

Kristin Sokol said...

I saw your family pics on Heathers Blog. WOW! They are so so so cute. You are such an attractive family. I love the one of you kissing on the bench while holding your kids.

Also Riser...HUGE, what are you feeding him. And your baby....how cute is he. Such distinctive features. He is one good looking kid.

Love you love your fam. Glad you are so happy.

Kristin Sokol said...

I saw your family pics on Heathers Blog. WOW! They are so so so cute. You are such an attractive family. I love the one of you kissing on the bench while holding your kids.

Also Riser...HUGE, what are you feeding him. And your baby....how cute is he. Such distinctive features. He is one good looking kid.

Love you love your fam. Glad you are so happy.

Brett and Becca Muir said...

What a fun weekend! i also love the family pictures they turned out so good!! Kayson is getting so big! i can't wait to see you guys this weekend.

Heather said...

i'm so glad we made your blog! i feel famous now! we had a blast... and had even more fun giving your family the cold we've all been enjoying since you left! you're welcome! we still need to get together to REALLY hang out! next week? lets try.

The Davies said...

I saw the pics on Heather's site too! Oh my goodness, so flipping cute!

I think my Granmda had a crush on Andy Griffiths. She wouldn't admit it, but she always swooned when he was on. : )

Anonymous said...

As a family, we love your updates. Riser is SO funny. Can't wait to get together again soon.

Haley said...

Hey, Jenn bet you didn't think you'd hear from me. I ran into Angela at Mervyns the other day. Your boys are adorable. I love the red hair. And I love you family pictures. Very cute.