Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Halloween Festivities

We carved a few pumpkins in the days before... Riser had an enjoyable time... making a mess, and then watching them light up, and most of all staying up a little later than usual.
Here they are glowing... so that you can see the carving a little better.

We went to Gardner Village. I think it's obligatory if you live in the valley to go. It's really cute. We had lots of fun. How could you not with a crew like this?
Riser and the witch.
Ethan's Girlfriend. :) I love the hand on the leg and the head resting on the big chest... priceless.
3 Crazy boys!
What a fabulous hat!


Riding the ponies. They all thought this was fanastic.

I had my 1st "Lost Child" moment at the village. It was just for a moment, but sheesh, that is scary. The good news is there are always TONS of "grandma" types there, so 2 very sweet ladies found him and stood with him until I was able to locate him. Once I found him, and gave him a hug, he looked at me and said while fighting back some tears "What was that all about?" Good question Rise, what was that all about? Stay by me!!!
My mom hosted a Halloween party for everyone the night before Halloween. She had a fabulous dinner, some fun games (that Riser was way too excited to really play right) and dancing. After, she let them come trick or treat at her door. They had so much fun.

My cute thing 1 and 2

The Dancing!
Thing 1 and 2 getting ready to go out Trick or Treating. I thought that some of the houses might be a bit too much for them, but Riser kept telling Karl, "dad! Let's go to that spooky house!" hmmmmm, but the singing fish at the cabin scares him to death... not really sure what's going on there...
Karl got to dress up for work this year... He started a new job a few days before Halloween... you better believe he earned a few people saying "so, have you met the creepy new guy yet?"

I thought
Riser would be totally freaked out by Karl's mask, but I guess he's a boy after his dad's heart. He thought it was fantastic... funny boy.

What a fun week! Now we are just left trying to convince Riser that we don't get to go Trick or Treating again till next year!

2 comments:

Rachel said...

Ahhhh, wish we could have come to the Halloween party. Anna would of loved it. I would have loved to watch Grandma Marlene dance in person...

Steph said...

You guys are always doing so many fun things, love the wrap-up of Halloween and all the pictures. That mask is scary, even more on Riser....little creepy person- YIKES! Where's Junie B.?