Monday, February 25, 2008

A moment of realization...

As of late, Riser's new favorite word is uh huh... it is his answer to everything... do you want breakfast? Uh Huh! Do you want to call Dad? Uh Huh! Do you want to watch Elmo? UH HUH! He says it all the time. I kept thinking "That's so funny. I wonder where did he picked that up from." Then, last night as I was chatting with Karl, I figured it out. I kept thinking "I sound like someone, who is it?... oh... oh dear... it's my one year old!" It's all my fault! I answer everything with "uh huh" too! He is even copying my inflections. I guess the days of watching what I say in front of the boy have officially begun.

3 comments:

Heather said...

well UH HUH isn't too bad.... if he were swearing all the time and you realized he was copying you... i'd be worried! haha!

**the muirs** said...

I think its adorable when little kids say "uh huh" I'm also a fan or "yep" and "nope"...They just say it so cute!

Steph said...

That is too funny! You do say that quite a bit, "uh-huh". And if that's the worst thing he ever copies you are in luck!!