Wednesday, April 16, 2008

My 20...

I was recently tagged with the "20 reasons you're not perfect". I thought about it, and came to the conclusion. There are WAY more than 20 reasons I'm not perfect, and they are all glaringly obvious... at least to me, so blogging about them would be no fun. Also, if I have managed to fool any of you into thinking that I am perfect, I am certainly not going to out myself now. I will allow you to go on believing that I am in fact perfect. Anyway, long and short of it is this, I have changed the tag (is that allowed? if not oh well!) to 20 things in my life that I am super proud of. Anyway, here goes.

1) My marriage. 50% of the credit for this of course belongs to my fabulous husband (he says 80%, but let's not get carried away Karl), but I am so proud of our marriage. We just love being together. Whether it be on a great road trip, working together in the yard, eavesdropping on other conversations at restaurants, or just chatting way into the early morning hours, we are best friends.

2) My boy. I never knew I could be so proud of someone. I could go on and on and on about how incredible this child is... and I think I probably do. I am the mom that everyone dreads talking to because the conversation always drifts back to how amazing my son is... but really, he is. I can't wait to have one more to brag about.

3) My home has been clean for almost 8 weeks. This is HUGE for me. I don't know how many times I thought about walking through and snapping pictures just so I can show everyone how nice it looks. 8 whole weeks... I never thought I would be capable of that!

4)My college degree. School was really hard for me in Elementary, by Jr High and High School, I was convinced I was not a smart person, so when I got to college and found out that I was actually capable of good grades (if I gasp actually studied) it was a great thing. I actually ended up graduating with honors... who knew?

5) I have figured out how to cook. When Karl and I first got married, our diet consisted mainly of Hamburger Helper, whatever the good people of Chili's were whipping up, or the many items that we tossed into our Fry Daddy... I wonder why we both gained 20+ pounds that year... Since then, I started working on learning to cook. I still have some really bad disasters, (the veggie stir fry last Sunday was horrible! Karl says it was good, but Riser and I both beg to differ) but for the most part, I can put together a pretty good meal.

6) My 6 years of teaching. I feel like I was a good teacher, and I loved my job.

7) I ran a 5K. My time was not splendid, but I did it... and it was really fun. Thanks for doing it with me Milly Moo.

8) I have a decent singing voice. I'm not going to go audition for American Idol or anything like that, but I can carry a tune.

9) My 2 families. Karl and I were both raised in great families. The older I get, the more they become my very best friends. I love my Thursday shopping trips with my mom and sister, the phone calls from my mom in law, emails from my sisters in law, and being able to have family to go visit with every Sunday.

10) I can sew. Again, I'm not going into business for myself, unless Kamille changes her mind and wants me and her mom to create her wedding dress someday, but I can sew simple projects, and I think it is really fun.

11) Thanks to my blog, I have kept a "journal" for longer than I ever had before.

12) I am determined. If there is something I really want to do, I will keep at it until I accomplish it.

13) I have a strong testimony of my religion.

14) I have incredible friends. Friends that still keep track of me even after 12 years of being graduated from High School (sheesh, I am old), 8 years of being graduated from college, and 2 years of not having worked with them. Thanks for always keeping in touch! I love you guys!

15) Oh, I owe this one to Milly. I can do this really great trick where you hum that circus melody, while creating the percussion for it with your tongue and lips... I didn't do a very good job explaining it, but it is great. The next time you see me, allow me to demonstrate... you'll be impressed... maybe

16) I have super long monkey toes. I sometimes pretend that I don't like it, but I can pick stiff up with them. They are very cool.

17) I am a fun person. If you think otherwise, please allow me to continue on thinking that I am.

18) I like to learn new stuff. I get so excited when I figure out how to do something new or learn about something I didn't know. I think I probably drive Karl nuts with this one, but oh well... learning is exciting.

19) I once had a dream that I knew how to drive a stick shift car. The next morning I woke Karl up and made him take me out driving his stick shift car, and I could do. I taught myself to drive a stick shift in my sleep... how cool is that... The only bad news is that the dream got fuzzy after a few days, and I couldn't do it as well anymore... I guess I should have practiced more while it was still fresh.

20) I actually thought of 20 things about me that I was proud of... It was kind of hard. Sorry if I bored anyone.

I now tag all my blogging friends and family! If your feeling up to it, what 20 things are you proud of?

3 comments:

Steph said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Steph said...

I love it! You ROCK, and my favorite one by far was that you taught yourself to drive a stick in your sleep! That is way cool. If I could add #21... you are a truly GREAT storyteller... you always tell the best stories, with the best vocal intonations :) Love ya!

Heather said...

I am amazed at not only the amazing things you've accomplished but that you HAVE 20 things! I'm gonna try it out but I'm thinking I'll go with 5 or 10. haha!