Thursday, February 3, 2011

Fire Trucks and Lunch Dates...

Every Thursday I go grocery shopping with my mommy. It's great because I can send at least one of the peeps (usually Chase, because I can depend on him to not ask for every piece of candy he sees, and to stay seated in the cart) with my her and be less over run with wild little boys. Before we hit the market, we stop for a little lunch. Today's lunch was Zupas. Love. That. Place. I had the Mushroom Bisque. It's like a little bowl of Heaven. If you haven't been, give it a try. It is fabulous. Also, nice to have a chance to sit and chat with my mommy. She's one of my best buddies. I love that I have a standing lunch date with her. She's an awesome lady. Thanks Mommy. I had a great time.

After our fabulous meal, we headed off to the grocery store. This week Riser went with Grandma. The boys got a courtesy cone at the deli, and we headed off. We got one for Chase too. The look of joy on his face was fabulous. He did surprisingly well with it. The boy loves ice cream... Once he finished his, he was ready to help Kayson finish his off... Kayson didn't think that sounded like a great idea.

After our shopping was completed, we headed out to the van to load the groceries, when a fire truck and an ambulance pulled up. They were there to shop. I let the boys stand and watch them walk in, and I told them to say hello to the fire fighters and tell them their truck was cool. They did, and one of them stopped to talk to them. The boys were so impressed. They love fire fighters. The firefighter even invited them to go get a closer look at his truck. The boys were so excited. (well Riser was... Kayson got a little scared, and would only stay in my arms and look.) Riser got to sit up in the driver's seat, and he showed him around the whole truck. So sweet of him to take the time to do that. It totally made Riser's day. He even posed for a picture with him. Thanks Fire Fighter Ryan. You are awesome.

2 comments:

Kristin Sokol said...

Love this.

Larry said...

Awesome picture of Riser and Fire Fighter Ryan! Terrific that he took the time to make Riser's day.