Over the past few weeks, I have been inspired by several people. They may or may not know that they have inspired me, so I thought I would throw each of them a big thanks.
1st and foremost Karl. Thanks for the late night talks. Listening, giving ideas and advice... being patient when I don't immediately take your advice and then take weeks to discover for myself that you're right. ;) You are my sanity, and my best friend.
2nd my friend Kristin. Thanks for being brave enough to post this. It hit a nerve, and was an answer to a prayer. So glad to know that I'm not the only one that has had this struggle. It's a lonely place to be. I'm glad to know that others have fought their way out. You are an awesome example to me.
3rd, The fabulous Eyre's. You know, of Joy School Fame? They gave a fabulous fireside in my stake this past weekend. Once again, an answer to prayers. They spoke about finding peace and parenting. I know, who knew they could coexist? ;) One of the things they suggested in their remarks, was to notice "moments of peace and joy" in your life. It really struck me that I haven't been doing this near enough.
Sooooooo, after all this inspiration, I decided I needed to put it all into practice. This is the new direction for my blog. Moments of peace of joy. Some posts might be pretty short,others might be paragraphs including pictures, but I am going to try to post each day, what my moment(s) of peace and joy was. I hope you enjoy it!!
Today's Moment(s) of peace and joy:
Spending a little time with the ladies of the "The Firm". Love that fanny lifter.
Chasing Kayson and Chase around the Family Room. Listening to their giggles and watching their excitement.
Watching Riser and Kayson paint. Seeing their imaginations come to life on the page.
Singing Bear Hunt with the boys and giggling at the end, because "we weren't afraid!"
Chatting with Karl at the end of a long day.
2 years ago
3 comments:
Awesome. I'm so glad you've been inspired into action. It's not enough just to be inspired. YOu have to actually do something different than you were doing before to make it count.
FYI, I was inspired by a post by my cousin Amber, so I can't take all the credit. Her post reminded me of my struggle a few years back. It's no way to live. I felt like I needed to tell other mom's so they could be free too.
I hope you have many moments of joy and peace and many pleasant events for yourself.
Beautiful Jen (and Kristin, too!)! Thanks! You are wonderful and so loved! Thank you for being you and being my friend and a great sister! Love ya! : )
Hi Jenny Bean,
I loved this particular post, your moments of peace and joy, and your friend Kristin's blog. A lot of wisdom in all that was said. I liked the list of things that make me/you happy. I enjoy looking at my magnets that I have collected from our many vacations. It's a mini vacation while I'm at work. I like reading my kids' blogs too. Another moment of peace and joy. So, I guess what I'm saying is that I'm glad you and Kristin have shared such profound thoughts that have brought joy to yourselves and many others. Love you!
Post a Comment