Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Look who's ALMOST in Kindergarten!!



Last Wednesday we went to the Elementary school for kindergarten registration.  We turned in our papers, and then waited in the cafeteria for the meeting to start. The principal talked for a few minutes and then asked all the kindergarteners to go on a little tour of the school. I pointed out which group Riser was in, and he quickly walked away to join them... My heart didn't quite know how to feel. I was so excited for him and the new adventures that he would soon be having. I was so proud that he was brave enough to just go on his own, and not need me to walk him over, but... he didn't need me to walk him over. I have to admit that it broke my heart a little to know that he IS big enough to not need me to help him or to be with him all the time. Crazy mixed emotions!!! I was proud that I was able to hold it all in and be excited for him the whole day. It didn't get the better of me til I was telling Karl about it later that night. Anyway, even with all that... Riser, I am proud of you, and can't wait for all the great adventures you'll have in Kindergarten!!  I love you buddy!!

No comments: